Welcome to the website, web platform, and the associated mobile Applications of Veteva (collectively referred to as the “Platform”).
When the User avails the Services through the Platform, the Company may collect Information, personal data, professional practice, and other information from the User, such as his or her:
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Home Address
- Practitioner’s registration number (if the User is a Practitioner)
- Details of the pet like date of birth, gender, breed and as such related information, physical and mental health conditions, Medical records and medical history of the pet
- User’s payment details such as data related to payment method, payment processor like Credit card or Debit card or bank account details.
- User’s IP address, log in ID and password, browser type, operating system, access times, and the pages accessed on the Platform and
- Any other personal information which the User gives to the Company in connection with the transaction.
By providing the Company with the Information about the User as above, the User hereby give his/her consent to the Company to use the Information in the following ways:
- Provide effective Services
- Improve the performance of the Platform
- Perform studies, research and analysis for improving the Company’s information, analysis, Services and technologies; and ensuring that the content displayed are customized to the User’s interests and preferences
- Contact the User via phone, SMS, WhatsApp or email for appointments, technical issues, payment reminders, deals and offers and other announcements
- To use User’s camera, microphone and such other related data for providing the Services through the Platform.
- Send promotional mailings from the Company or any of its channel partners via SMS, WhatsApp, email
- Administer or otherwise carry out the Company’s obligations in relation to any agreement the User has with the Company
- Communicate with the Client regarding the availability of Services on the Platform and on behalf of Practitioner.
- Fulfil and manage appointments, cancellation, payments, and other transactions related to the Platform
- Generate a personal profile to ensure future visits to the Platform is in a more personalized way
- Monitor and analyse usage and trends to improve the User’s experience with the Platform
- Notify the User of all the updates on the Platform
- Request feedback and contact the Client about the Client’s use of the Platform
The Company may store such Information as is or such Information may be included in databases owned and maintained by the Company’s affiliates, agents or service providers.
The Company shall not share any Information with any third party as it considers this Information to be a vital part of its relationship with the User. There are, however, certain circumstances in which the Company may share the User’s Information with certain third parties, as set out below.
- Services Purpose:If the Client is the User, the Information provided by the Client will be shared with the Practitioner through the Platform. The Platform makes the Client’s assessments, appointments and related information available to every Practitioner with whom the Client has availed the Services. The Company will not make information available to the Practitioner other than those with whom Client has requested for appointment.If the Practitioner is the User, the Company automatically enables the listing of the Practitioner’s Information as the Practitioners’ profile on the Platform. The Practitioner Information listed on the Platform is displayed when the Client searches for the Practitioners on the Platform and the Practitioner information listed on Platform is used by the Client to request for availing any Services offered by the Company under the Platform. Any personally identifiable Information of the Practitioners listed on the Platform is not generated by the Company and is provided to the Company by the Practitioners who wish to enlist themselves on the Platform. The Company displays such Information on its Platform on an as-is basis making no representation or warranty on the accuracy or completeness of the Information.The Company takes all necessary precautions to protect User’s Information both online and off-line and implements reasonable security practices and measures including certain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures that are commensurate with respect to the Information being collected.
No administrator at the Company will have knowledge of the User’s password. It is important for the User to protect against unauthorized access or not permit any third party to have access to their password, computer and mobile phone. The User should log off from the Platform when his/her requirement is complete. The Company does not undertake any liability for any unauthorised use of the User’s Account and password. If the User suspects any unauthorized use of his/her Account, the User must immediately notify the Company by sending an email to [email protected]. The User shall be liable for any loss suffered by it due to such unauthorized use of his/her Account and password and shall indemnify the Company for any third party claims related to any unauthorized use.
The Company makes all User Information accessible to its employees, agents or partners and third parties only on a need-to-know basis and binds all such employees to strict confidentiality obligations.
The Company shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of the Company including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of Internet service, mobile or telephone service of the User. Further, the Company shall not be responsible in any manner for the authenticity of the personal information or sensitive personal data or Information supplied by the User to the Company or to any other person acting on behalf of the Company.
- Business Transfers:As the Company develops its business, the Company might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, the personal data or the User Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Related Companies:The Company may also share the User’s Information with subsidiaries or affiliates of the Company.
- Legal Requirements:The Company may disclose the User’s personal data or Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a compliance with applicable privacy laws (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our Platform or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Marketing and advertising:The Company and its affiliates may use the Information to contact the User in future to tell the User about the new services provided through the Platform from time to time, which the Company believes will be of interest to the User. If at any time the User wishes not to receive any future communications, or the User wishes to have his/her name deleted from the Company’s mailing lists, please contact the Company at [email protected]
- Ownership of the Content:The contents listed on the Platform are (i) User generated content, or (ii) belong to the Company. The Information that is collected by the Company directly or indirectly from the Users shall belong to the Company. Copying of the copyrighted content published by the Company on the Platform for any commercial purpose or for the purpose of earning profit will be a violation of copyright and the Company reserves its rights under applicable law accordingly. The Company authorizes the User to view and access the content available on or from the Platform solely for ordering, receiving, delivering and communicating only as per these terms and conditions prescribed by the Company from time to time. The contents of the Platform, Information, text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software code, design, and the collection, arrangement and assembly of content on the Platform (collectively, “Company Content”). “Intellectual Property Rights” shall mean all patents, trade secrets, know-how, trademarks, trade names, copyrights, moral rights, rights of publicity, Company Content, and other industrial or intangible property rights of similar nature; whether registered or not; all grants and registrations worldwide in connection with the foregoing and all other rights with respect thereto existing other than pursuant to grant or registration; all applications for any such grant or registration, all rights of priority under international conventions to make such applications and the right to control their prosecution, and all amendments, continuations, divisions and continuations-in-part of such applications; and all corrections, reissues, patents of addition, extensions and renewals of any such grant, registration or right. All the Intellectual Property Rights shall be owned only by the Company and it is the property of the Company and are protected under copyright, trademark and other laws. The User shall not modify the Intellectual Property Rights or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Intellectual Property Rights in any way for any public or commercial purpose or for personal gain. The Platform allows the User to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material (“User Content”). Users are responsible for the User Content that are posted on or through the Platform, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness. By posting User Content on or through the Platform, the User represents and warrants that:
- The User is the owner of such User Content and/or the User has the right to use it and the right to grant appropriate rights and license to the Company and
- The posting of User Content on or through the Platform does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any third person or entity.
The User retains any and all of the rights to the User Content which is submitted, posted or displayed on or through the Platform and the User is responsible for protecting those rights related to the User Content. The Company shall not be responsible and liable for the User Content or for any third party posts on or through the Platform. However, by posting the User Content by using the Platform, the User grants the Company a right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such User Content on and through the Platform. The Company has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit all the User Content provided by Users. The Company’s role is that of an intermediary and has no responsibility and / or liability in respect of the content and transactions on the Platform including any User Content, information provided by the Users or interactions between the Practitioner and the Client. The User and its computer resource shall agree not to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, store, update or share any Information that –
- Belongs to third party and to which the User does not have any right;
- Is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, invasive of another’s privacy, including bodily privacy, insulting or harassing on the basis of gender, libelous, racially or ethnically objectionable, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise inconsistent with or contrary to the laws in force;
- Is harmful to child;
- Infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- Violates any law for the time being in force;
- Deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of the message or knowingly and intentionally communicates any information which is patently false or misleading in nature but may reasonably be perceived as a fact;
- Impersonates another person;
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign state, or public order, or causes incitement to the commission of any offence or is insulting other nation;
- Contains software virus or any other computer code, file or program designed, destroy or limit the functionally of any computer resource;
- Is patently false and untrue, and is written or published in any form, with the intent to mislead or harass a person, entity or agency for financial gain or to cause any injury to any person;
The computer recourse on which the above mentioned information is stored, hosted or published, which is prohibited by law for the time being in force, shall remove or disable access to that information as early as possible but in no case later than thirty – six (36) hours from the receipt of the notification or on being notified by the Company or its agencies. The temporary or short time or intermediate storage of information automatically by the Company in a computer resource within its control as a natural feature of that computer resource, involving no exercise of any human, automated or algorithmic editorial control for onward transmission or communication to another computer resource shall not amount to hosting, storing or publishing any information.
- User’s Choice:The User can visit the Platform without providing any Information. However, if the User chooses not to provide any Information, the User may not be able to transact on the Company’s Platform.
- Security:The Company takes reasonable steps to protect the Information provided via the Platform from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. The Company uses strict procedures and security features that contain technical, operational and physical security control measures to try to prevent unauthorised access with respect to the Information being collected by the Company. The Company shall comply with all the regulations provided under the Information Technology Act 2020 and Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011, and other related regulations and, laws with regard to the protection of the Personal Data or Information from time to time.
- User Comments:The User shall ensure that the User comment or content is not threatening the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order. Further the User shall ensure that the User comment or content will not cause incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevent investigation of any offence or is insulting to any other nation. The User shall ensure that the User comment is not harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic or libellous in any manner.
- Access to Information; Contacting Company:To keep the User’s Information accurate, current, and complete, please contact the Company as specified in this section. The Company will take reasonable steps to update or correct Information in its possession that the User has previously submitted on the Platform. For any changes, corrections or amendment in the Information, the User may contact Company’s administration team at [email protected]. If the provided Information is or suspected to be untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, the Company may at its sole discretion deactivate the User’s account and discontinue providing any further Services.
- Withdrawal of Consent:The User has the right to withdraw his/her consent at any point, provided such withdrawal of the consent is intimated to the Company in writing through an email at [email protected] requesting the same. Once the User withdraws his/her consent to share the Information collected by the Company, the Company may restrict the User from using its Services.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the Grievance Officer for the purpose of the User’s personal data or Information is Ms. Priyanka Talreja and she can be reached at [email protected].
Veteva COOKIES POLICY
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track Users as they navigate different pages on a Platform, and to identify Users returning to a Platform.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies the User, but personal information that the Company stores about the User may be linked, by the Company, to the information stored in and obtained from the cookies. The cookies used on this Platform include those which are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation, cookies that track usage (performance cookies), remember the User’s choices (functionality cookies), and cookies that provide the User with targeted content or advertising.
The Company may use the Information that is obtained from the User’s use of the Company’s cookies for the following purposes:
- Recognise the User’s computer when he/she visits the Company’s Platform
- Track the User as he/she navigates the Company’s Platform, and to enable the use of any e-commerce facilities
- Improve the Platform’s usability
- Analyse the use of the Company’s Platform
- Administration of this Platform
- Personalise the Company’s Platform for the User, including targeting advertisements which may be of particular interest to the Users.